Lake Tyler (West) and Lake Tyler (East), located adjacent to each other and connected via a canal, are located just east of Tyler, Texas.
These are the largest lakes in the Tyler area in addition to Lake Palestine.
Lake Tyler (West), built in 1949, covers 2,224 surface acres and serves as the major source of water supply to the Tyler metro area.
Lake Tyler (East), completed in 1966, covers an additional 2,276 acres.
The maximum depth of the lakes is 40 feet. The conservation pool elevation is 375 feet above mean sea level.
Shown below is a map of the Lake Tyler area.
USGS TOPO Map of the Southern Sections of Lake Tyler and Lake Tyler East